Thursday, December 27, 2007

Welcome to The Vacuum!




Benazir Bhutto (1953-2007)
R.I.P

You ever have one of those mornings when the Google takes over your life and you can't log into sites and applications you've used for years? Well, it's happened to me, and I will have to use this opportunity as a Mitzvah so to speak. You can still visit my old Blog which I wrote for almost 4 years, but I can't log into it anymore, so here we are.

Fans of the old blog will recall my experimentation with narrative and vague attempts at journalism and punditry. Since I am headed to Des Moines tonight there should be some furious updating and revelatory material to come. My first meeting with presidential candidates and the raucousness that is The Caucus. Actually I will return before the actual Caucus occurs, but if there is ever a reason to visit Iowa, and you're not a Hawkeye, this is the little window that opens every four years when this is the place to be. 

Already I am hearing a lot of hokum and lamentations of "a blow to democracy" in light of the assassination of Benazir Bhutto. It will be interesting once the validity of our presidential candidates comments is taken seriously again. The Xmas vacation is but a brief respite from the endlessly analyzed comments from our would-be Supreme Leaders. By tomorrow, the first wave of mopes will have passed and these 18 moneybags will be back on the stump talking to whoever will listen, and I'll be there....um..reporting, for lack of a better word.
Seriously folks, I'm not doing this for personal ambition. The professional journalists who were forced to become bloggers are only doing it to maintain their presence with their respective news organizations in the context of the new media. I am a musician, a Court Reporter and a writer in that order I'd like to think. If I ever get past the dabbling stage in visual arts I may post that as well. Thanks for checking out THE VACUUM.

No comments: